The Congress on Monday released its manifesto for the Gujarat Assembly polls, which will be held in two phases on December 9 and 14. Congress leaders Ashok Gehlot and Bharatsinh Solanki released the party’s manifesto in Ahmedabad.
Here are the highlights:
- A special Bill to be brought in the Assembly to provide quotas to those who are not presently entitled to any quota. The quota given to OBC, ST and SC will not be touched. Patidars to get quota under special category.
- Petrol and diesel pieces to be slashed by Rs 10 per litre in Gujarat
- Farm debt to be waived off. Farmers to get 16 hours electricity. All farmers to be given electricity connection.
- Every unemployed youth to get Rs 4000 per month as unemployment allowance till he/she gets the job
- Fixed pay system, contractual system in government and semi government jobs to be abolished
- Every woman who has no house will be provided subsidised homes
- Special Investigation Teams (SIT) to be set up to probe BJP government’s corruption
- Media club will be set up and mediapersons to be provided subsidised houses. A corpus to be created to help journalists and their family members in case of critical illness